For more than a decade Anna s Place NOLA s comprehensive arts-based program has been bringing academic and arts enrichment, life skills and social-emotional learning in a safe haven for at-risk children ages 5-12. Program is offered three days a week from 3:30 PM – 6:45 PM and Saturdays 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM during the school year.
- Homework assistance
- Reading enhancement
- Healthy lifestyle education: nutrition, health, gardening
- Life skills enrichment: critical thinking skills, dialectal differences/code switching, positive conflict resolution strategies, music therapy
- Music education: instrumental music instruction from Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra, dance, vocal music, visual arts, opera/drama, drumming
- Cultural experiences: field trips to the New Orleans Museum of Art, Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra concerts, and New Orleans Opera performances.
- STEM exposure: visits to Loyola Department of Biological Sciences for hands-on activities, computer coding with NOLA Code, and the Microsoft Store
- Performances opportunities